background

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Gender, Belly Pics, & 25 years old

We have lot of exciting things going on around here! The most exciting would be that we find out TOMORROW if we are having a son or a daughter. It'll be so cool & surreal to start calling our baby by his or her name instead of just "baby." We have names picked for both genders. If you are on our inner circle, which I'm sure you're hoping you are, we'll let you know tomorrow.

Today, because we thought it'd be fun (and it really was), we did all of the gender prediction tests we could find on the internet. They ranged from somewhat ridiculous to just crazy. The most ridiculous was the one where I had to pick up a car key. If I picked it up from the round end that meant that we're having a boy, if I picked it up from the skinny end that meant we're having a girl (spoiler alert: I picked it up from the round end). We thought it was pretty funny that of the 11 tests we did 6 showed girl and 5 showed boy. Good thing we don't really believe in this stuff or we'd be frustrated and confused. And good thing we get the real answer tomorrow!



People are constantly asking what we think it is. At first, I always said girl. But lately, I've been thinking boy. Really I just have no idea. Brad said boy at first but now he has no feeling one way or the other. Almost all of my students, including past students, say they think its a boy. They're just about as excited as I am to find out.

Also, I had dreams all night long that we were getting the sonogram and the doctor would say "Congrats! You are having a..." and then the dream would end. This happened over and over and over last night. I was really disappointed when I woke up and it was Sunday, not Monday. Needless to say, we are keeping our fingers and toes crossed that baby will cooperate tomorrow and we can find out! We'll be shocked and so, so excited either way. Its a win win!

In other news, Friday was my 25th birthday. I took this picture that morning & texted it to Brad saying "I never thought I'd look like this on my 25th birthday."

But I am grateful to be ever-growing! I could do without my face pudging up though...oh well.

21 weeks

22 weeks

21 & 22 weeks fruit- zucchini

My two babies!
 
I had a great birthday. Probably the greatest of all my birthdays. I felt surprised and loved by all of the people that mean the most to me. I was given thoughtful & generous gifts, ate way, way too much good food, went to a Ranger's game, and spent the whole weekend with family and friends. 25 is even better than I pictured it being!


21 weeks again- just thought this was a more fun background
 
 
And I almost forgot- I can feel the baby move now! It is the coolest feeling and there is no way to describe it adequately. I thank God for every little flutter I feel.
 
Ok, that's all. We'll see if I can actually sleep tonight...I doubt it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment