Dear Last 2 Weeks of Pregnancy,
I hate your stinkin' guts. You make me vomit. You're the scum between my toes.
Love,
Nikki
When you think about pregnancy, you often think of the notoriously horrible first trimester. Don't let the world fool you, you one-day-pregnant-women! The first trimester is a piece of vanilla cake with chocolate icing (mmm that sounds delicious) compared to the last 2 weeks.
Here are the reasons why:
#1: Fatigue: Ok yes, during the first trimester my body was super tired. Luckily it was summer and I napped nearly everyday. But now, I am at the point of feeling like a zombie. And napping? That is a cruel, cruel joke! Don't mind that I have a 6+lb baby laying on my bladder, ribs, and sides, with her head pressing into my pubic bone. Sleep...sleep....that word does seem to ring a distant bell but I just can't remember what that is. Maybe I'll remember once Caroline comes....oh wait....
#2 Peeing: Sure, during the first trimester you have to pee very frequently and you are constantly thirsty, just adding to the increased amount of time spent in the bathroom. But this one simple.
1st trimester = peeing often in a toilet
Last 2 weeks = peeing on yourself
Remember that 6+lb baby laying on my bladder? Coughing and sneezing comes at a high price these days...
Pregnancy is such a beautiful thing! HA!
#3 Heartburn: I had some light heartburn or indigestion during the first trimester and it got a little worse as pregnancy continued. I wasn't able to each chocolate for months. Then this week happened. I take a sip of water and feel the burn. I eat a a piece of my dear colby-jack cheese and feel the burn. I eat a cupcake (and then another and another and another) and feel the burn. Nothing is safe anymore.
#4 Cravings: Maybe my first trimester was too easy. The only thing I really craved was bean burritos and if I didn't get it I didn't feel like I was going to choke someone until I got it. Lets just say the cravings are a bit more intense and Brad is very fortunate that Kroger is close and that he passes a lot of restaurants on his way home from work. The choking has been minimal thus far. He's really lucky to be married to me!
#5 Upset Stomach: During the first trimester there is nausea. A lot of women would probably testify that this is awful but I was fortunate to rarely experience it. But now, because my inside is SO full of baby, every time I eat anything I have an upset/sore stomach because there is no room in the inn. I am starving but can only eat a few bites, allow time to digest, repeat.
#6 Pregnancy Brain: If I remember right (which isn't that the problem?) I did earn a college degree. Not that I was pure genius before this point in pregnancy, but I did have some firing of neurons in the brain. I'm pretty sure that I am currently functioning on the same mental ability level as my dog.
**Disclaimer** I am so very blessed to be carrying this baby girl. Despite the "hurdles" that have come, I can't think of a greater honor. I love her more than words can say and I am beyond excited to meet her...which I hope is sooner than later! This is just my attempt at making fun of the "beauty" that is this point in pregnancy. I don't mean it to offend anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment